Help - my legs burn out after 10 minutes of lessons.
I'm often not very balanced because it takes so much energy to move that I'm often not in the right place, and I'm leaning, or my distance is so poor. Foot movements seem to need too much energy.
I'm sure I must be doing something wrong?
Thanks for your question Sy.
This is probably a build up of lactic acid in your muscles which can occur when you are using muscles in a different way than normal.
The so-called 'soft art' of Aikido exercises muscles in a variety of different ways, and can be very demanding.
If you are learning new skills, it takes a lot of concentration and effort... in the beginning. Also if you are mentally and physically tense, you'll use up your energy reserves much faster.
There are a couple of key things you can do to help this...
1 - Build up your general level of fitness.
2 - Breath deeply, stretch and relax.
3 - Continue to practise regularly.
Of course, it is also important to be in good health, in order to be able to train at your peak levels.
I hope this is of help.
Aikido Health Centre
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Aikido Questions.
Aikido Success Blueprint
- Want to develop powerful aikido skills?
- O'Sensei's two secrets of aikido
- Feel incredible energy and see results
- Key action steps to reach your goals fast
- How to avoid, prevent, and treat injuries
- 7 ebooks, 2 videos, 1 audio... Full Details!
Self Defence Secrets
- Double your striking power in 3 hours
- Learn the #1 most effective move
- How to protect your personal space
- Exactly when to take action to win
- Deal with fear and turn it back on attacker
- Best angle to hit pressure points for results
- 6 ebooks, 1 hour video... Full Details!
Optimum Health Secrets
- Discover 7 powerful health secrets
- You can experience incredible health
- Completely relax and release stress
- You'll feel great and see results fast
- Key action steps to reach your goals
- Plus #1 Health Secret - Full Details!