by Rafael Guber
(New York, NY USA )
This is more in the way of the developmental history that emerged as Aikido. I am writing a monograph that touches upon Theodore Roosevelt and his time with Yamashita Sensei.
There is a picture of (probably?)Yamashita Fude, instructing a blond haired woman which I saw courtesy of Pranin Sensei's discussion of the Isamu Takashita collection. I wonder if anyone knows who the blond haired woman in the photo is?
Any information I receive (with the sender's permission of course) will be properly credited in my book. The book is about immigration and overcoming prejudice especially regarding the treatment of women in America at the turn of the 20th century.
The influence of Japanese women, especially as personified by Fude was surprising, positive and totally unexpected.
Anything else I can find out about Fude and would be most appreciated. The Columbia University librarians have been helpful, but this requires specific expertise.
Thanks for your question, but unfortunately after some digging around, I haven't been able to find an answer. I suggest you contact Stanley Pranin, as he is more likely to be able to help you with this.
I have posted your question to my community forum, to see if any of my readers have information. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Aikido Health Centre
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Aikido Questions.
Aikido Success Blueprint
- Want to develop powerful aikido skills?
- O'Sensei's two secrets of aikido
- Feel incredible energy and see results
- Key action steps to reach your goals fast
- How to avoid, prevent, and treat injuries
- 7 ebooks, 2 videos, 1 audio... Full Details!
Self Defence Secrets
- Double your striking power in 3 hours
- Learn the #1 most effective move
- How to protect your personal space
- Exactly when to take action to win
- Deal with fear and turn it back on attacker
- Best angle to hit pressure points for results
- 6 ebooks, 1 hour video... Full Details!
Optimum Health Secrets
- Discover 7 powerful health secrets
- You can experience incredible health
- Completely relax and release stress
- You'll feel great and see results fast
- Key action steps to reach your goals
- Plus #1 Health Secret - Full Details!