Aiki Peace Week Success!
by Tony Wilden
(Bognor Regis, West Sussex UK)
Last night the Arun Aikido Club hosted their special Aiki Peace Week classes. This is the 3rd year we have offered unique classes to the community...
and it was our busiest year yet
Our juniors certainly took the opportunity to be more relaxed and less disciplined. The class was filled with fun and laughter. Our adult class was packed, and we were honoured to have instructors and students from two other clubs...
Sensei Piers Cooke 7th Dan from Coldharbour Aikido Club in Surrey.
Sensei Neil Starks 4th Dan from Ryusui Ryu in Sussex.
I took the warm up which included tibetan yoga, aiki exercises, breath control and meditation, all designed to balance the energy centres.
Then Sensei Piers informed us about the work that Aiki Extensions is doing and that his brother Quentin is their UK representative. He then read some great quotes of Morihei Ueshiba O'Sensei from 'The Art of Peace'.
Sensei Piers showed us some wonderful techniques of harmony and emphasised the importance of training in a vibrant and joyful manner.
I closed the class with a special meditation that focused on building energy in the one point in the lower belly, and sending peaceful energy out to the planet and universe.
" Hi Tony Thank you for hosting the Aiki Peace week session.
It was a terrific evening. We all really enjoyed it. It was great
to try the new warm up exercises and meet you all again.
Look forward to the next one! All the best Piers Cooke "
Sensei Piers Cooke 7th Dan
Coldharbour Aikido Club
Dorking, Surrey UK
Apart from the benefits to the students, we raised $105 in donations that have been sent to Aiki Extensions to help with the important work that they are doing all over the world.
If YOU took part in an Aiki Peace Week celebration we want to hear about it. Kindly take the time to visit our Aiki Peace Week Forum and tell us all about your unique experience...
it's good to share :)
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Aiki Peace Week.
Has this page been useful to YOU? It may benefit other people too! Go ahead and pass it on, Please Share via the link bar on the left of your screen... many thanks!
Aikido Success Blueprint
- Want to develop powerful aikido skills?
- O'Sensei's two secrets of aikido
- Feel incredible energy and see results
- Key action steps to reach your goals fast
- How to avoid, prevent, and treat injuries
- 7 ebooks, 2 videos, 1 audio... Full Details!
Self Defence Secrets
- Double your striking power in 3 hours
- Learn the #1 most effective move
- How to protect your personal space
- Exactly when to take action to win
- Deal with fear and turn it back on attacker
- Best angle to hit pressure points for results
- 6 ebooks, 1 hour video... Full Details!
Optimum Health Secrets
- Discover 7 powerful health secrets
- You can experience incredible health
- Completely relax and release stress
- You'll feel great and see results fast
- Key action steps to reach your goals
- Plus #1 Health Secret - Full Details!